Thursday, January 8, 2009

When bells ring out

Who would have thought? Well, let me backtrack - how did I get here? I, Willie, can be seen here holding my dear Liz back when we were dating. Seriously, I thought I'd made it then. A stellar gal like Liz doesn't come around every day. I would know, I had to wait 25 years to even find this ONE. So, I find her, fall in love with her, and accomplish the feat of marrying her. That is one wicked streak, my friends. I was on a roll! And why stop this roll? We continue to be shocked and amazed by all the milestones that we've reached together. The latest is simply the next step for us. Over the Christmas holiday we announced to family and kin that we are pregnant. You heard it right, frickin' pregs. Common questions: Yes, it was planned. Yes, Liz is still determined to finish law school. No, we aren't having twins like Kristin. We are so excited to be bringing a little one into our lives. We've already tried to compile a list of names. Tried. It's a work in progress. We've been to the doctor once already and we've got a heart beat. That's right, our child is alive! So, there it is. Do with the info what you will. As for Liz and I, we're just going to continue enjoying the ride.
(For a look into how I told my folks, head over to http://purelydubyad.blogspot.com/ )


6 comments:

  1. Oh...and Liz, I love the new layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm very happy for you guys and it was great to catch up the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz! I am so happy for you guys!!!! You are going to be such an amazing mother...enjoy the ride, it goes by so fast! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder you weren't feelin' so great at Christmas.....I am so excited for you both, and excited that I am going to be a GREAT Aunt, like 4 times in one year! Holy Cow!

    ReplyDelete